Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Memories!








Amy and I just spent days down in Melbourne catching up with family and friends and had a great time. I grew up in Adelaide and moved to Melbourne for my teenage and young adult years. When we first moved to Melbourne we lived in Harkaway, a little village on the outskirts of Melbourne. It had a two teacher school, a general store and a hall- that was about it. We lived in a two storey house and had to catch the bus to high school. While we were down I got some photos of the house we lived in and the other buildings.

I only went to the two teacher school for 6 weeks before Year 6 ended and then it was off to high school. We used to get milk at recess, but sometimes the magpies had landed on the milk crates and pecked the bottle tops off!

We used to walk down to the general store to get the mail, and we loved to buy lollies- aniseed balls- 4 for a cent and bananas and yellow bears 2 for a cent were my favourites!

We used to go to dances at the Harkaway Hall and they had the greatest suppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment