Saturday, February 26, 2011

I Am Worried They May Not Let Me Back in the Country

Bill and I are heading off to New Zealand very soon, but I am a bit worried he is trying to tell me something. He sent me a copy of the following article:

Husband puts his wife on terrorist watch list
James Langton

Last Updated: Feb 5, 2011


An immigration officer who wanted to get rid of his wife added her name to a terrorist watch list to prevent her from flying home.

The man illegally accessed government databases in the United Kingdom to list his spouse as someone whose presence in the country was "not conducive to the public good".

As a result the woman was blocked from entering the UK for three years after leaving to visit her family in Pakistan.

When the husband applied for promotion, a routine security check on his family revealed the deception.

A spokesman for Britain's Home Office said the officer had been sacked for "gross misconduct".



So if you don't see me in a few weeks please look into my disappearance and don't be fobbed off my Bill telling you I decided to extend my holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment