Saturday, July 30, 2011

Zonta





<

On Saturday morning I went to the Zonta Activity over at Lyneham Chapel to assemble 4000 Birthing Kits for women in Ethiopia. This has been a yearly event, with the church helping out Zonta for a number of years, but this is the first time I have been and feel a bit guilty that I have not done it before. Zonta is an International Women's organisation that are involved in various programmes to assist women and this is just one project. Lyneham Chapel has a big hall and when I arrived at 9:30am it was full of tables and people working away. I spent nearly 3 hours folding black plastic and putting them into zip lock bags. We were just doing the preparation and in the afternoon they were expecting at least another 150 people to arrive to help assemble the kits. I got to catch up with my friend Louise Lambert, so the time passed very quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Loved doing the Zonta service. Always made me feel very grateful to be who I was, living where I live.

    ReplyDelete