Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seafood Extravaganza

As part of the accomadation package we had, we had two nights accomadation, a cooked breakfast delivered to our room each morning and Saturday night we had dinner in the Briars Restaraunt- the Seafood Extravaganza. We thought it sounded a bit over the top but believe me it was not! When it arrived at our table all the other diners around us just stopped and watched it arrived, a number commented and offered to help us eat it! I didn't have my camera with me and should have- I even googled some seafood platter images to see if I could find one like it but none of them came anywhere near it! It was just superb and we had a magnificent feast of seafood. A whole lobster cut in two, Clyde River oysters ( I left those for Bill), king prawns, king prawn cutlets- which were very lightly battered and on a skewer, calamari - with a very light salt and pepper batter, Morteon Bay Bugs, grilled fish, sauces, french fries and a lovely garden salad with caramlised onions and chargrilled vegies through it- it really was a feast! The amazing thing was that before I met Bill I only ate fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment