Saturday, August 29, 2009

Amy's Giant Teddy Bear

You let Benji inside and ask - "Where is Amy. Go wake her up" and off he trots - he is better than an alarm clock.

It has been a little chaotic at our place this week and seems thing will not change for the next few weeks either. Bill was off to Woomera with work, meant he got to go to Adelaide and catch up with his parents for a couple of nights so that was good.

Amy and I had to go to Tuggeranong College to sign up for her subjects for Year 11 next year. We worked that out pretty easy, then needed to get her subjects checked, this ended up being done by Lachlan's Extended English teacher - lovely guy. When I introduced ourselves, he laughed and said, Lachlan was probably at home writing his romance story. He teaches Lachlan in extended English, and told us that was their current assessment task and said he felt mean doing it but they had to. He kept saying to Amy – Lachlan will fill you in on how all that works – Amy and I would laugh as Lachlan tells us very little! And just as we expected when we got home and asked Lachlan how his romance novel was going, all we got was a grunt!

Lachlan went of to the ANU open day to check that out for next year, didn't want his mum to come - I had to go last year, but not this year. He is very much the independent young adult. He has his AST Test this week. All ACT Year 12 students sit them, it is a University Entrance Type Exams as they use their results to scale their marks or something like that! It is over 2 days, and when we were discussing about when I shouuld go down to Melbourne to spend time with my mum who is about to come out of hospital after a knee replacement operation, he looked at me with this blank look when I mentioned that perhaps I should leave after his exam was over. It was this look of -why do you need to be around, I am perfectly capable of looking after myself and getting there! When they are little you can't wait for them to grow up and be independent, and then it happens all of a sudden when you are not quite ready to let go!

No comments:

Post a Comment