Saturday, July 25, 2009

Back to School!!!!!!!!!

No photos this week, no exciting stuff to report - just back to school after 2 weeks of school holidays and about 2 weeks before that of not having to have a school routine! I found my feet dragging on Monday and found it hard to be motivated - it gave me a little insight in to how Amy must feel about school when you throw in the anxiety!

Have managed to get a bit of gardening in - or rather landscaping, mulching, digging up grass so we can put down mulch and setting up the vegetable garden area, it is more getting the structure in place so we will be ready to plant in spring when it warms up! I even rang up the ABC 666 Gardening Show last week to get advice on how and when to plant my new lawn - and Canberra being Canberra - about 4 or 5 people I knew heard my and recognised me!

Have managed to get some trip planning in as well, have now got accommodation booked for Paris and London, have booked transport from Paris to London, London to Vienna and Vienna to Frankfurt so we can fly home so it is slowly taking shape- probably a good thing as it is now less than 8 weeks till we go!

Had a bit of culture this week - attended a concert of the Griffyn Ensemble - Amy's oboe teacher plays in the ensemble and we got free tickets. I didn't really want to go out at night, and I must admit I have a bit of trouble just sitting still and listening - but I found I did enjoy it. It as not too long and the music was good, interesting and varied - so am feeling quite cultured!

No comments:

Post a Comment