Saturday, December 19, 2009

Lachlan's Graduation



Lachlan graduated from Lake Tuggeranong College - Year 12 this week. He got an ATAR score of 91.45 which is an excellent result and will mean he well and truly has the marks to get into Software Engineering at ANU next year.

Towards the end of the ceremony, before I knew his mark, they read out a list of 25 students out of about 400 who had got a score in the top 10%, I heard a number of familiar names, but then got a bit of a shock when I heard Lachlan Frost read out. To be honest the first thought that came into my head was " what a ratbag" I had nagged him on and off throughout the two years to try and do just a little bit of extra work, but he just went along doing his own thing, not getting stressed, just doing what he had to, obviously to a high standard, but not any more than he needed to, and he got there and got there easily, maybe he was secret studying in the library after all!

I have really enjoyed getting more glimpses into Lachlan's school life and friends over the last month. He is a quiet, self sufficient young man, doesn't have all the much to say, but as I have dropped him off or gone along with him to the end of year school events the last few weeks, I have had the chance to meet some of his friends, their parents, see him interacting with them and it has given me the chance to see him operate in his world. He has chosen good friends, with similar goals and aims, they seem like good mates that look out for each other. Many of them will be going of to ANU to study next year, so he will have that opportunity to continue that interaction with them. So well done to Lachlan!

No comments:

Post a Comment