Saturday, November 14, 2009

Garage Sale




After we packed up half the house earlier this year and filled up our garage, we decided when we unpacked that we would only unpack those things we really wanted and needed, keep the rest in the garage and have a garage sale. That was back in April and May, our garage has been choc a bloc since then, but we finally got around to having the garage sale this weekend. The kids helped enthusiastically - once we promised to split the profits with them!

We had a good day, from about 8am to 1pm and managed to part with some of our treasures - including an electric scooter and unicycle - brought by Bill many years ago and barely used. He found it very hard to part with and ancient label maker that he had rescued from a skip and had lived in our garage for about 12 months and he had never used. He told the guy who brought it "I didn't really want to sell it but my wife said I couldn't keep it" - I am just so mean.

The East family from our church were one of our best customers - the kids came with their pocket money and had a ball! I gave Seth a two for one deal on our giant water pistols as long as he had a fight with his dad and sent me a photo! Even offered them a free dog basket for the puppy Adam will not let them get- he doesn't know what they are missing out on!

We had three young lads in their late teens early 20's come around midday - Bill and I both wondered what on earth they were doing at a garage sale and wondered if they were checking out the place - but you shouldn't jump to conclusions - they brought the big ticket item of the day our blow up boat that Lachlan slept in the night we brought it, and then only ever used it once or twice and it sat up in our roof for 10 years!

2 comments:

  1. Jewel loves her new pink canopy net and Seth has discovered that we have to put the holes in the Star Night light ourselves - so much for an early evening. thanks - kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam here - I would just like to point out, that I 've said that they can get a dog ... they just have to wait 'til after I die ... and no, the permission is null and void if they cause my death ...

    ReplyDelete