Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Big 50




I turned 50 this week, had a lovely day on my birthday, got to go riding on a beautiful day with friends and then go for a hot chocolate and a cake they had all organised. I didn't need to go to work afterwards, so that made the day better. Met Bill and the kids at the Hyperdome in the afternoon and got a gold chain and earrings and then we all went out to dinner that night and had a lovely meal at Fuel in Manuka.

Perhaps the best present my kids have given me was to offer to cook a meal for some of my friends and myself, so that is what they did. On Friday night, they cooked a lovely meal and my friends and I had a lovely time.

It was a meal inspired by our trip to Europe. We had an antipasto plate of goodies for starters, then had a garlic, chilli and olive oil pasta for main course with a garden salad, and a tomato, basil and buffalo mozzerella salad which was very yummy. Desert was a malteser, raspberry, dark mint chocolate icecream cake- all very yummy and all I needed to do was invite my friends and go shopping at the Fyshwick Markets the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment