Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Rob Roy Walk

With the Covid 19 social distancing restrictions I haven't been riding as much, still getting out but on my own. Instead I have been doing some longer walks. Recently walked up Rob Roy which is at the back of Conder, I have always seen the trig station at the top of the steep hill which I have always wanted to walk to, finally found a friend mad enough to come with me- socially distancing of course!

It was a fairly cool day so good for walking, an initial 1 or 2 km up a steep fire trail which was sealed, then undulating unsealed fire trail up to the open fields at the top, there were other trails to head off to be we headed right out to the trig point where we got lovely views across the Lanyon Valley.

Some magnificent trees along the way and lots of bird life and a number of birds nesting in their bird holes.











No comments:

Post a Comment