Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Bermagui

Amy was staying at Tathra the night before the wedding and then at the winery the night of the wedding,  so I stayed Thursday night and Friday night in Bermagui. It was nice to just be by myself for two nights. I did go to the wedding on the Friday, but had the Friday monring and Saturday morning to explore. I enjoyed two long walks on the beach which was good for the soul and the weather was just lovely.

I remember going to Bermagui on a family holiday as a child but I had no memories of what the place looked like, I really enjoyed Bermagui, it had shops and cafes but not as big or hectic as Merimbula or Bateman's Bay. I enjoyed discovering the town and finding new places to walk.






Had the beach to myself in the morning.


I went to the wedding on Friday afternoon then back to Bermagui for the night. Amy was staying in a cottage on the winery so I picked her up around 11am the next morning. A lot of the guests met at Bermagui for fish and chips for lunch so after that we headed back to Canberra. We had come down Brown Mountain so headed back  via Batemans Bay. First stop Cobargo, we checked out a few of the shops and made a few purchases, all the shop owners thanked us for visiting. Corbago had been badly hit by the fires and some of the shops in the main street were destroyed by fire. We also called in at Tilba Tilba and Bodalla and purchased various cheeses and dairy products. 
Lots of evidence of the fires as we drove along, including Batemans Bay and coming up the Clyde. It was hard to imagine what it was like. The black burned trees contrasted with the green following the rain and the begining of regrowth. It was a nice little break away and just before all the lockdown measures came into place so it was good to get away now that we no longer can.

No comments:

Post a Comment