Sunday, February 12, 2017

Audax Classic Bright


Bill and I took our annual trip down to Bright over the Australia Day weekend and as usual had a lovely time with friends, eating and riding. On the way down Bill dropped me off at Beechworth and I rode down the rail trail to Bright. It was 75km so quite a ride on a warm day but I really enjoyed it. I had done parts of it but wanted to put that whole ride together and it is a lovely down hill from Beechworth to Everton.





 They have done a great job of the rail trails in Victoria! I had been struggling with a sore back over the last few weeks, this was a relatively flat ride so it was a good chance to test my back out before the big ride and all went well so that was good.



Saturday we did the big ride. I have normally done the 140km ride - Bright/Buffalo/Mt Beauty/ Bright or 130km- Bright/Mt Beauty/Falls Creek/Mt Beauty/ Bright. With my sore back this year I ended up just doing the climb up to Buffalo and back to Bright as I didn't want to over do things with my back. Had a really enjoyable climb up Buffalo- 25km in the cool of the morning. We had a great day and enjoyed a lovely bbq that night back at the motel with friends. Bill volunteered again this year and was driving all over the place with the transport team.



Bright has had plenty of rain over December and January so everthing was looking lovely and green, the whole region is such a pretty place.
Here I am half way down Mt Buffalo, as you can see it was a lovely morning- I am wearing my poppy shirt I got in Flanders, Belgium last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment