Friday, June 7, 2013

Hideaway Island

Today we visited Hideaway Island and got to go on a glass bottom boat ride, snorkel, relax around the island, have lunch and go on a snorkeling safari. It was a very enjoyable day, I must admit I was a bit nervous about the snorkeling as I have never done it before and am not much of a water person, but I enjoyed it and am glad I went. First off I just snorkeled close to the island and got the hang of it and saw lots of lovely colored fish, then we went out in the boat and snorkeled back with a guide and he would squirt some fish food out of a bottle he was carrying and all the fish would come around right in front of you. Didn't get any photos of the fish but did get a photo of a hermit crab wandering along and a little blue fish in a rock pool earlier on.











No comments:

Post a Comment