Monday, October 3, 2022

Bits and Pieces for September

 

Bill to the rescue! There are now three cygnets on the little Gordon Pond. A few weeks back Bill called ACT Wildlife as the mother swan had a fishing hook in her beak and couldn't eat. It took ACT Wildlife about a week to get close enough to catch her, then it was 5 days of recuperation after going to the vet to get it removed and having antibiotics. The male swan who is a bit of a fly in fly out father, sat on the eggs for that time, but we weren't sure if they would hatch. Eventually they did and three cygnets were the result, we were very excited!



The father is barely around but the mum is doing a great job and the cygnets are loving the grass!

Amy and I were visiting the Scott's and Anna made us put on the sorting hat. Amy was Slytherin and I was Hufflepuff. 



Here is my lovely soft throw rug I won in a raffle- third prize at the Pearce Spring Craft Market. It is made of silk and merino and I just love the colour.


This was the box of goodies I won, lots of nibbles- two bottles of wine-that the lady picked because she liked the picture on the bottle- wombats! I really love the throw rug.


It was a lovely market- not too big but lots of interesting stalls all home made. I got these cute little mushrooms.



Then there was a stall with beautifully decorated cup cakes, I did manage to knock it over so some of the icing rubbed off but they were just beautiful. It took Amy ages to decide which ones to get,


I brought this triple decker rocky road it was just divine!


Two weeks ago Lachlan and his girlfriend Abbey came over for afternoon tea and they made a lemon tart. Abbey is just lovely and is certainly making Lachlan happy. It was lovely to have them both over and for us to meet Abbey. She loved all our animals and loved Amy's plant collection so had made a good first impression! 



No comments:

Post a Comment