Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Catching Up With an Old Friend

 I headed down to Melbourne for a week, I was catching up with a friend- Kerrie Robertson, we went through Teacher's College together and have had a few adventures over the years, including walking the Milford Track in New Zealand when we were in our 20's - we go back a long way! I haven't seen Kerrie for a number of years so it was lovely to catch up and spend a few days together.

I had a window seat on the way down and was amazed at all the snow on the mountains, it was quite a sight.



We were staying in Kingsbury, north of the city. I was a bit concerned about how I would get around as I have a tear in my meniscus and walking tends to hurt. As it turns out Kerrie had a sore knee, so neither of us was cramping the others style! It was a short walk down to Plenty Road where we caught the 96 tram into the city. The first day we went to the Picasso Exhibition at the NGV, had lunch in Federation Square then checked out some of the art exhibitions in the Federation Square Galleries- couldn't help but take a few photos of the bird related sculptures!



There was also an exhibition of these large skulls!



By the end of the day we had to both ice our respective knees and also test the theory that Koko Black Chocolates have anti inflammatory properties!



The next day we headed back to the city, this time getting off near the Exhibition Building and visiting the Melbourne Museum,




We then headed into the city and checked out the Block Arcade, had some lunch and I introduced Kerrie to Haighs Chocolates!





















No comments:

Post a Comment