Saturday, September 11, 2021

Lockdown Project House and Garden

 

Just before lockdown Amy and I went looking for a new bird proof table and chairs for the kitchen and family room. We had been looking for a while, found one lovely table but with it being too heavy for 7 people to lift is was not going to be and option. We found something we liked at a Furniture Clearance House so that meant is was stock that was available. We paid for it on the Friday, it was delivered on the Monday and we went into lockdown on the Thursday so that was lucky. It also gave me time to move, sort, rearrange and set up the new furniture. We are really happy with the outcome and enjoying more macaw free time in the main house.


Now that spring is here and the weather has warmed up I have been spending lots of time in the garden. We were able to do contactless click and collect so first off I ordered some natives from Cool Country Natives. I have some grevilleas  planted here.



These are some of the tulips from the crate of Floriade tulips I won on an ABC Radio competition last year, I have planted them around the garden and are enjoying seeing them come up. The metal is to stop Luna deciding to have a nap on them!


I have planted some acacia cognata Limelights along the dry river bed, waiting for some grass plants to arrive to go in there as well.


Here is a table and chairs we got off Gumtree, we have got some metal paint to repaint them. The bonsai is one of Amy's that should start getting some leaves soon.


I have planted some Snow belle correas and some croweas along the back of the GF along with some King's Park callistemon.


The garden bed in front of the main house was extended, the landscaper used the new part to store some good soil for when I was planting out my natives. I have a couple more raised garden beds to go in there now, which I plant some veggies and flowers, have just planted out some cos lettuce seedlings.


I planted some dwarf broccoli which we have been enjoying and still getting little stalks growing up.

This is our old veggie patch, I had an apple tree and pomegranate tree growing, the pomegranate never fruited after 8 years so pulled that out, and the apple tree always had coddling moth so that went as well. It is going to become my berry patch. I have transplanted the strawberries, will transplant the  raspberries and am going to have one more try at growing blueberries, this time in pots.




No comments:

Post a Comment