Saturday, May 29, 2021

Phillip Island with Mum

 Finally got to take mum on a short holiday. I flew down to Melbourne, first time on a plane in a long time! Mum and I headed down to Phillip Island, we had hired a house at Cape Woolami, and were very comfortable in our beach house for a few days. We enjoyed exploring the island and checking out the sights, it has been many years since I have been down to Phillip Island.



We drove down to Cape Woolami, a lovely, wild beach. Lovely to hear the waves crashing on the shore.





Beach from the Cape Kitchen.


Mum and I had breakfast at the Cape Kitchen, a lovely view out to the ocean and a lovely meal.




Cape Barren Geese on Churchill Island.  Churchill Island is a small island off Phillip Island accessible by a bridge. Neither mum or I had been there before so we enjoyed exploring the island. The Cape Barren Geese just wandered along, we had to stop and wait for them to cros the road! Mum checked out the visitor's centre while I went for walk around the island.



We went for cruise out to the Nobbies and saw lots of seals. 









We went to the Koala Park, I was really suprised to hear there were only 50 koalas left on Phillip Island. I remember when we were kids and visited Phillip Island probably 40 years ago there were koalas everywhere. So many koalas have clamidia and it reduces there fertility. 



We went to the Nobbies where we had cruised the day before. We walked along the boardwalk and then checked out the Antartica Exhibition which was very interesting.





No comments:

Post a Comment