Sunday, November 9, 2014

My Birthday

Celebrated my birthday today. Had a lovely afternoon with the family, we went to see the Waterhouse Prize Exhibition at the National Archives then had afternoon tea in the city with some yummy cakes.

Below are some of the items I got in Turkey. The bowl in the centre was a lovely hand made and painted bowl from a pottery shop in Turkey, mum and I went halves and that was my birthday present from her. It is a lovely piece and a lovely reminder of our trip.


We watched them painting similar bowls, there certainly was lot of work involved. This was a pattern inspired by the Hittites who once inhabited the region.




This was the lovely hand made card I received from Bill on the back of a beer packet! Wrapped up in the towel was a box of Haighs Truffles so I was very spoiled!




We had some lovely cakes for afternoon tea, I had a rocky road chocolate mousse cake, Bill had chocolate mousse, Amy Sacher Torte and Lachlan a pecan pie- nice to get out as a family and eat cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment