Saturday, October 25, 2014

Photos On My Camera



Have been a bit slack on my blog lately- no more travelling, to busy catching up on stuff having been away so much so nothing very exciting to blog about! Above is from two Sundays ago when we went to Bindi and Simon's for dinner, we sat out on the deck and had a lovely meal. Weather was just perfect, we always have a lovely time when we get together!



Monday night about 8:30pm there was a loud knock on the door, when I opened the door there was no one there but a couple of boxes with these scary looking spider cup cakes inside! We had been 'booed' a new experience. Something to do with Halloween, I am not really interested in Halloween stuff, but it doesn't bother me-so this was rather fun. Being rather lazy and not sure I would have the patience or time to produce a masterpiece like our spider delivery, I Googled Halloween treats and came up with these witches hands filled with lollies- I was invited to then "boo" two houses in the next three days.




These two birds are Amy's new pets- the things we have to put up with. Meet Lyra ( above) the female and Beau ( below) the male. They are Amy's eclectus parrots which she talked her father into letting her get while I was away overseas-she knew I would not have agreed to it! She got Lyra first and then Beau a bit later. Lyra is still getting used to sharing Amy with Beau and still not ready to let him into her cage at night, but the two of them are making progress!


Bill spends a lot of time in with the birds, he had a pet budgie, for a while Amy was sure they were going to bond with him and not her! It almost sounds like they can say hello when you walk in. Beau flies around and lands on my head sometimes and Lyra loves hoping up on the window sill and watching the chooks and talks to them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment