Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 5 Cappadocia Region

We had three nights in the Cappadocia region, originally we were only suppposed to have 2 nights, but due to rain the day before our hot air balloon ride was bumped back a day and we decided it was worth the risk to stay another night and hope the weather co-operated which it did. The Cappadocia region is just amazing, due to a number of ancient volcanoes and erosion over the years some magnificent land forms have been created, It is such a unique landscape one of the most beautiful regions I have ever been to. I wished I had a photographic memory to freeze some of the images in my mind and bring up at will- photos did not do the area justice and I was so glad we had the extra days here. The landscapes and valleys just went on for ever- beats the Grand Canyon any day in my humble opinion! Have decided this would rank in my top 10 places to visit.


People originally lived in houses that they carved out in the mountains.










No comments:

Post a Comment