Saturday, August 3, 2013

New Arrivals



 
Meet Teddy- the wiry-haired Jack Russell- he has come to stay for a couple of weeks with us while his owner recuperates from surgery- he was being a bit full on so has come to stay with us and hopefully burn off all his energy with our yard and two other dogs to keep him company!
 
We also acquired 3 new chooks this week and they seem to be settling in well. I am going to have to go out on Monday and buy some eggs as the old chooks have not been laying over winter and the new chooks will take about three weeks to lay. I can't remember the last time I brought eggs for us to eat- it has to be 7 or 8 years so it will be a real shock. I do buy a dozen eggs each year at Easter time but I hard boil them and use them for egg rolling for our Good Friday picnic. I have had a quiet word to the girls that I am going to have to buy eggs, maybe I need to leave an axe near the laundry door to send them a subtle message- but they are probably canny enough to know I would never follow through on the threat!

No comments:

Post a Comment