Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Racing at Orroral





 
Racing was out at Orraral Valley. We started at the camp ground, road to the tracking station, back past the camp ground out to Bobayan Rd, back to the tracking station then to the camp ground. It is one of the shorter courses, but boy is it a tough course. I rode it a couple of years ago and said never again, but my memory must have faded, and as soon as I started I remember why I did not want to ride it again. It has so many ups and downs and while not big long hills they are very hard. Someone had a camera, so there is a photo of Bill, then the only 3 people silly enough to ride the race in F grade! It really is a lovely setting out there but for picnicking rather than riding I must remind myself next time! I eventually won- one rider punctured and I carried a few less kilos than the other rider so that gave me the advantage up the hills!

No comments:

Post a Comment