Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bush Dance and Busy Weekend

Bill and I went to a Bush Dance at my church on Friday night, I wasn't real keen about going, but Bill was keen to go, so we went along and had a great time. Lot of kids and families having a fun time. We did lots of dancing- Strip the Willow, Queensland Back Step, Heel and Toe Polka, Chicken Dance, Barn Dance to name a few. They had a BBQ dinner and some yummy deserts. It was a fun night, but two days later I have sore calf muscles!

Saturday morning Bill and I went for a ride around Lake Burley Griffin- 72 km in all. It was a clear but cool morning and the Lake was lovely with all the green grass and spring blossoms. We saw numerous duck and swan families enjoying the weather! It is a lovely ride around the lake and makes me appreciate what a great city we live in. We rode in along the Molonglo river and they have cleared out all the willow trees- had not realised what a big river it was. With the willows cleared it certainly makes a lovely vista. I must take my camera for some photos next time.

Went to General Conference at Lyneham Chapel on Sunday and went to Simon and Bindi's afterwards for lunch and had a lovely time catching up with them all. So it has been a busy but lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment