Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bike Crits




Bill and I race with the ACT Veteran's Cycling Group and during daylight savings they hold bike criteriums each Tuesday night at the Stromlo Forest Park Criterium Circuit. This for the first time I should be able to make it regularly each Tuesday night. The first Tuesday night the circuit was wet from a shower of rain and it was my first race for about 3 months- I barely lasted a lap before I was dropped! The last two weeks I have managed to stay with the main bunch up to the final sprint which is much better! It is a great facility and the crits are always interesting to watch. Bill is in D Grade and I am in F Grade. Currently our grade races for about 20 minutes- they are short but intense and I always come home tired. Last week we averaged 34.5kmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment