Sunday, July 15, 2012

Knee Progressing Well

2 1/2 weeks ago I had a knee arthroscopy, first surgery I have had in about 25 years, and the first time I have really had to go through a recovery and rehabilitation process and it has meant I have not been able to ride my bike and have been housebound for a while. I am now back driving which is great, but do not always have a car! I have been on the wind trainer- which means I hook my bike into a metal stand and can ride the bike stationary. I started off doing 10 to 15 minutes with absolutely no tension and now I up doing 2 lots of 30 minutes a day if I can, and have been able to add a bit of tension which has been good. I have been religiously doing my exercises and having phyiso- at work which is great. I am walking the dogs with Bill in the morning but leaving a bit later with Clancy and meeting him with the other dogs and just walking on the paths and that has been getting easy each day. Hopefully in 4 to 6 weeks it will back to normal and I will be back on my road bike on the road! I have had to really be carefully with what I eat as I am not burning off as much energy because I am not riding as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment