Saturday, June 9, 2012

Car Meet Kangaroo- Kangaroo Wins


I had to go to Woden Plaza to pick up a script on Friday night, driving home down Athlon Drive a kangaroo appeared out of nowhere, it seemed to hit the car with an almighty thump, I stopped and pulled over,  getting out expecting to see the front of the car all smashed in but there appeared to be minimal damage. The kangaroo must have jumped and just caught the drivers side. I had a smashed headlight, still working but not the indicator, the bonnet is pushed in and the grill plate pushed in and the number plate was dangling down. I managed to screw that in, went to see if I could find the kangaroo, but it was long gone, and drove home slowly and the car seemed to be okay. I made a phone call to the insurance company to find out what to do, have to take the car in this week, will be interested to see how much it will cost to repair. Hopefully it will not be out of action for too long. This is my first claim on my car insurance in over 30 years of driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment