Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve






Twas the day before Christmas so what did I do? Last minute Christmas shopping- no, last minute Christmas cooking- of course not- ride my bike- of course! The Sue Frost Philosphy of " live to eat, ride to eat" came in to play!

Now, a few people out there already think I am mad and this will probably just confirm it, but on Christmas Eve I drove out with a couple of my female cycling buddies to the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve. We parked our cars, got out our bikes and then road up to Corin Forest where as you can see from the photos it was a bit cool and foggy- 10 degrees actually. Then we rode down to the dam which was 100 percent full. Last year it was 38% full and the year before 8%. We then had to ride back up again. In total 25km of climbing! We then headed back towards the Nature Reserve but had to ride in and out to the tracking station (another 12km and more hills) before heading back to our cars having ridden 68km. What did I do the rest of Christmas Eve- slept and read my book- I was a bit tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment