Sunday, November 28, 2010

Motor Bike Rescue





Just when I thought I had nothing of interest to post on my blog I get a phone call from Lachlan- the sort of phone call a mother who has a son with a motor bike dreads- I have come of my bike! At least it was him talking to me and not someone else! He had been coming home from work and a guy changed lanes with out indicating and without seeing Lachlan- Lachlan braked, locked up and came down and off his bike. The driver was oblivious or just didn't stop and the cars following didn't stop. Fortunately someone did stop to make sure he was okay and had someone to ring. So off goes mum to the rescue- they still need their mums! He was all in one piece, the safety gear worked, his right arm is a bit stiff and he has a nasty graze on his stomach, but he is walking and talking and is okay! The bike was unrideable but not too badly damaged, with any luck it might take a while to fix. He had just got it registered and on the road and out of the garage in my car parking spot, but come to think of it, I don't mind how long it stays in the garage this time if it means he is not on it. Unfortunately though it doesn't seem to have shaken his resolve to keep riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment