Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Exploring Sydney







Amy has a week's work experience at Taronga Zoo in Sydney. She and I are staying in an apartment in Mosman about a 5 minute drive from the zoo. While Amy is at the zoo- working with the gorillas, chimpanzees, giraffes, zebras, pygmy hippos I have to amuse myself!

I have had a wonderful time. It is a 10 minute walk down to the ferry and then a short ferry ride across to Circular Quay. So the first day I caught the ferry across and wandered around the Rocks and the Habour Bridge. Found a little French Patisserie that sold macaroons- the chocolate coconut one was pretty yummy!

On the Tuesday I drove down to Bondi Beach and walked from Bondi Beach to Tamarama Beach and looked at the Sculpture by the Sea Exhibition. The coastline and the views along the coast is just beautiful. Amy has the camera so couldn't take any photos, did take some on my phone so will need to see if I can upload them onto my computer when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment