Saturday, October 16, 2010

Working in the Garden!







Spent Saturday working in the garden, tidying up a few things and planting some more plants.

The top photo is of the brussell sprouts I am trying to grow- not sure if I will get a crop, but they didn't do much over winter and now are growing -so will wait and see!

Got some herbs to plant in my garden and have also planted my tomatoes. In Canberra you are not supposed to plant them till after Melbourne Cup as we may still get a frost and they can get damaged, but I have planted them close to the house and will cover them if we are expecting a cold night!

We also got three new chooks this weekend. I have told the other chooks to be kind to them and stop picking on them as over the next 12 months they will climb the pecking order and be the big tough chooks- it is amazing how cruel and racist chooks can be!

Also worked on tidying up my raspberries, we had our first crop last year so am hoping for a good crop this year! Also went to the Australian Native Plant Sale at the National Botanic Gardens, with hundreds of other and got some natives for my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment