Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Borders are Open Quick Trip to Melbourne

 Managed to make a quick trip down to Melbourne before Christmas to catch up with mum and the family now that the borders are open and with the way things happen you never know for how long. I left on Friday afternoon and drove to Rutherglen where I stayed overnight at one of our favourite B&B's Amberesque in the main street. It was nice to just get away on my own and just worry about me for a short while, life has been rather busy this year.


I arrived in Rutherglen around 4:30pm, after settling in I borrowed a bike and rode along the railtrail to Corowa and across the Murray River. It was a very pleasant temperature to be out riding and the Murray looked lovely. Enjoyed my bike ride.







My cheese platter on arrival!

After a lovely breakfast the next morning I drove to Melbourne and caught up with Mike and Mum at the Ferntree Gully Market. That night mum and I went into Melbourne and caught up with Gary and Arlene and the boys along with Kelly for dinner.
Sunday I went to church with Mike and Leeanne and then mum and I joined them for lunch, then Sunday night drove over to Kim and Fil's where we had dinner with them, Ella, Kieran and Daniel so managed to catch up with all the family.
I left Tuesday afternoon, stayed at Albury overnight and was home by 11:30am on Wednesday. Was lovely to catch up with the family before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment