Saturday, January 19, 2019

New Car and Other Stuff


Lachlan brought Amy these cute little felt parrots for Christmas- they are so cute- I love them and Amy was delighted!


This is our little red Getz that we have had for around 8 or 9 years and the car Amy learnt to drive in and the we have shared for that period. There were a few things that needed fixing and we were tired of tying up the sun visor with a piece of string so decided it was time to upgrade. We got a 2016 Hyundai 130, we are very happy with it, it has a reversing camera, bluetooth, cruise control and a bit roomier- most importantly the sunvisor stays up and I can listen to ABC Canberra on the radio.


I was asked to go down for a speaking assignment at Merimbula Branch at short notice this week. So Bill and I drove down to Merimbula on Saturday and stayed overnight. It was 22 degrees in Merimbula and when we went for a walk on the beach I needed to put on a long sleeve shirt, it felt wonderful after a week of 40 degree days in Canberra! I spoke and Merimbula Branch Sunday morning then Bill and I headed back to Canberra, it was a nice little break away.



That is Bill in the water- too cold for me!


 Each time I go down to Merimbula I enjoy a walk along the boardwalk around the edge of the lake. It was a lovely morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment