Sunday, June 24, 2018

Road Trip to Adelaide with Mum

I was born in Adelaide and spent my childhood years there. My grandparents had a beach house at O'Sullivan's Beach and we spent many a family holiday down there.The house ended up in my mum's sister's family and for many years it was lived in permanently by members of the Goss family. My cousin David and his wife Leanne have been living there, but recently subdivided the block and they have built a lovely home next door. At Christmas time I received and email from my cousin letting us know if we were ever in Adelaide we were welcome to come and stay in the old Beach House, so I took them up on the offer and thought I would bring mum over for  a visit as I thought she would enjoy the trip down memory lane. I flew to Melbourne picked up a hire car ( had all sorts of dramas and traffic delays ) but we made it to Horsham the first night, then drove to Adelaide the next day.


 Silo art at Victorian and South Australian towns along the way
                                         





We settled in to the Beach house and watched the sunset while having dinner with David and Leanne. Enjoyed a lovely walk on the beach the next morning then enjoyed a relaxing Sunday morning at home before heading out to church in the afternoon at Onkaparinga Ward where we met people mum had known many years ago. A quick trip home and changed into walking clothes and I was able to drive mum down to the marina where we could easily access the beach where we were able to walk while the day was still sunny and as we headed back enjoy the sun starting to set. It was a lovely day and we have both enjoyed the memories this has been bringing back.

The Beach House
Near Christie's Beach
Mum near the Marina at O'Sullivan's Beach


No comments:

Post a Comment