Monday, October 23, 2017

Merimbula

Bill and I went down to Merimbula on the weekend. I wanted to go down to Merimbula Branch and meet the Relief Society President and the sisters in the branch there and get a feel for how things were. Bill and I left about 12 noon and arrived at Merimbula around 3:30pm, we had a good trip down. We checked into our hotel and Bill had a snooze while I walked into town and found the visitor's centre and checked out some walks we could do. 

We found a lovely walk from Short Point to Tura Beach, we walked up first on the Mundooi Track which took you through the bush then we came back along the beach it was about 4km all up and a lovely walk. 





Then we explored the headland back at Short Point, we walked along the rocks- good training for uneven surfaces for our upcoming walk in NZ  I think. Lots of interesting coloured rocks and patterns.







 Sunday morning after heading for walk along the lake edge on a boardwalk, I went to church which was just across the road from the hotel. It was a small branch but they were very friendly and welcoming. After church Bill and I headed back to Canberra, back up through Candelo where we stopped and had a late lunch before arriving back in Canberra around 4:30pm, a pretty drive back through the hills and valleys and up Brown Mountain, it was a nice little break away.

No comments:

Post a Comment