Sunday, July 10, 2016

28th Wedding Anniversary



Bill and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary on Saturday 9th July. It was a very low key day, we spread mulch in the back yard together- very exciting, but we did go out to dinner later that night. Amy is cooking us dinner tonight, there is homemade French Onion Soup which she has made before and is very yummy and chocolate peppermint cheesecake!

Bill was saying he still thinks I spent too much money on our wedding- he is always going on about that, I would say it was one very cheap wedding. I borrowed my sister in law's dress, she was married 6 months earlier, my aunt who was a florist did the flowers, using camellias from my mum's garden and flowers from the local market. A friend did the photographs and different people took photos and gave us copies, we got married at a friends lovely house and he picked me up in his Mercedes and said he could drive me anywhere even if it wasn't to the wedding- it wasn't too late to change my mind! Our wedding was small and we had the reception at the Pine Grove Hotel in Upper Beaconsfield and it was a lunch. It was a simple wedding, pretty stress free, and it was special because so many people helped it lots of different ways.

Of course you cant think about our wedding without mentioning how many chocolate mousses my younger brother Simon ate at our wedding- ( he was 14) can't remember if it was 7 or 9 or 14- it keeps growing every time the story is told!

No comments:

Post a Comment