Monday, June 20, 2016

Lachlan's Birthday and Saying Goodbye to Bindi and Simon


Lachlan had his 25th birthday and as usual wants to do very little to celebrate it but we always manage to do something whether he likes it or not. It was Simon and Bindi's last night in Canberra before they fly to Dublin for 5 years, so we took a Turkish Banquet over to their hotel room for dinner. I made a lemon syrup cake for his birthday cake but forgot to take  a candle so we stuck a plastic knife in and sang Happy Birthday. All very low key, but we had a fun time.


 Amy and I went in to the the hotel on Monday morning and transported their luggage to the airport for them. Bindi's parents were there as well so they took the bodies and we took the bags! We said our goodbye and Simon even gave Amy a hug- I don't think there was any teasing either! I am sure the 3 years will go quickly but I am sure Charlie and Mia will change a lot in the three years. Bill and I get to to see them in about 3 months anyhow! 
Charlie and Mia with Bindi's parents Bob and Theone

No comments:

Post a Comment