Monday, March 9, 2015

Catching Up With My Blog

It has been a few weeks since I have updated my blog. Have been busy but also my computer has died and I am now using Amy's laptop till someone fixes my computer- not sure how long that will take.
As part of the Enlighten Festival they had an event at the Botanic Gardens called Botanicus Luminous. Bill and I went along and it was just lovely, it was a walk at night through parts of the Botanic Gardens. It was lit with candles and different lighting, they had fog pumping through the rainforest walk and they had a tuba and flute playing.





Further up in the rock garden they had a big gum tree light up and  had lovely lighting around the rock pool.My little camera never does well in the dark but managed to get an odd shot or too. There was a lovely atmosphere.



We then drove down to the actual enlighten festival and had a look at some of the buildings. Bill knew one of the guys who had done some of the projections that went up on the National Portrait Gallery.


 Then on Canberra Day, Bill and I rode into the Balloons and caught up with Bindi and Simon. We had a nice time but it was a bit chilly! Afterwards instead of lining up for the Rotary Breakfast with half of Canberra we headed down to the Artoven Bakery at Manuka and had some hot chocolates and crossiants and raisin toast there.Was a lovely way to start the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment