Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Years Day


Had a lovely picnic on New Years Day down near the Carillon. Charlie is obviously got the bbq gene, he was having great fun helping Simon cook the meat!



Lachlan let me take a photo and I even got a smile!

 Bill looking very relaxed


 Amy and Bindi



Charlie with the Christmas Pudding.
I tried something different this year, not everyone likes plum pudding so I decided to make a sticky date steamed christmas pudding and it was very yummy. We have a tradition in my family of putting in silver coins and then you get a prize- usually some sort of chocolate. When I made it Christmas Day the coins all sunk to the bottom, so I made one for New Years Day and put in more dates and flour and a little less liquid. I thought I would just put the coins on top and they would sink in a bit, but they stayed right on top!  


At least when you turned it over they coins were hidden on the bottom. The pudding was nice and we had it with custard and butterscotch sauce! Lots of fun as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment