Sunday, October 20, 2013

Michael and the Uku-ladies!



Last night at church we had a talent night, someone had the bright idea ( not me that is for sure!) that we should put a ukulele band together. Kylie - girl on the left had just brought a ukulele around the same time as me, and it turns out Michael and Emma both had ukuleles so we had a band. I had just finished my 6 week ukulele course so I was now the expert (ha, ha) so for a number of Tuesdays we got together and I taught them what I had learnt. Fortunately they were excellent students, it helped that they were much more musical than I  and they could sing, so we had a band. We practiced our three songs- Bye, Bye Love, Sloop John B and You Are My Sunshine, and we managed to sound like we knew what we were doing on the night. No-one booed, they all clapped ( that was one of the rules) and we had a fun time. Good thing we didn't get a standing ovation and a call for an encore as we only had the three songs we could play!

No comments:

Post a Comment