Sunday, September 8, 2013

Team R - Copenhagen to Paris



My boss at work is Danish and for years he has been trying to get an Australian team involved in
Team Rynkeby which is a multi-nation project in northern Europe aimed at raising money for
charities in each country supporting research, treatment and other support services related to
cancer in children. It involves fundraising and then riding from Copenhagen to Paris in July next year along with 1000 other riders. It is 1200 km in about 7 days so serious riding and somehow I have managed to get myself involved- I actually didn't think Bjarne would pull it off ( probably why I said yes!) but he has and an Australian team has been accepted so that will keep me busy training and fundraising for the next 10 months! We had a ride on Saturday up to the arboretum, it was a lovely day for a ride. We will be raising money for Kids with Cancer in Australia.


No comments:

Post a Comment