Saturday, July 27, 2013

Ukulele Lessons


I had my first Ukulele lesson at CIT on Monday night and I had a great time, it was lots of fun, the teacher had us practicing 6 cords to start off with and just single strums and by the end of the lesson we were playing and singing about 6 songs that had either 2 or 3 chords in it.
 
There are about 12 of us in the group and I really enjoyed myself- only problem is  the teacher said for his class it is compulsory that you have to sing along with the playing- which is okay if I am with a group, then I can remember the tune and follow along but if I have to sing by myself which I do when I practice at home- I can’t stay in tune- but who cares- I am having fun! I am just going to make sure I sit next to Albert each week- he is in the Rugby Choir so he can carry a tune and I will just follow him! All this multi tasking must be good for my brain!
 

I have been practicing every day- I am not sure what the kids think- probably that there mother is mad, I also got a strap fitted for my ukulele and I brought a little stand to keep it on so it is easy to pick up and play any time of the day you have a spare 5 minutes.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment