Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Beautiful Autumn Day







Have had a busy week, various appointments, dinner out, early morning starts, cooking a meal for another family, organising the garage, shopping, nothing too exciting to take pictures of though, so when Saturday morning came around, everyone was gone and the house was quiet, I decided to go for a gentle ride into Lake Burley Griffin. It was a beautiful morning, crisp and sunny, lots of kids and families out riding their bikes, walking their dogs. I just took my time, listened to some podcasts as I rode along and just relaxed and enjoyed the moment. You could see the first signs of autumn with the changing colour of the tree leaves, it was just lovely. I decided to ride into Lake Burley Griffin and just ride through my favourite part of the lake. It is just past Government House and before the Yarralumla nursery. There are tall pine trees and I just love this section. It is part of the Sri Chimmnoy Peace Mile, whatever that is, but it really is a peaceful place and I thought it would be a good photo for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment