Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sometimes I Do Question My Own Sanity!



On Friday mornings the alarm goes at 5:05am, Bill and I get up and get dressed in our cycling gear and head out the door by 5:30am. We ride to Woden - arriving at 6am averaging about 25kph, we then ride with a bunch that leave from the Bike Shed, we ride for about 15 to 20 minutes with them probably averaging about 35kph and peel of at Manuaka where we meet with about 4 or 5 other riders at one of the bakeries. About 6:50am Bill and I head for home, about a 50 minute ride arriving home having ridden about 45km> Then it is time to let the chooks out, have breakfast, make lunches, make sure the kids are up and organised, walk the dogs, head off to work or whatever is happening. I don't work Fridays, so normally have a short nap in the afternoon. Some of my friends think I am mad - and I must admit now that it is colder and darker, I sometimes think along the same line, especially in those first few minutes when the alarm goes off, and when I first get on the bike when it is below zero! But once I arrive home and have the whole day ahead of me, I am glad I have done it and think I am not so mad after all - just till the next Friday when the alarm goes off!

No comments:

Post a Comment