Friday, March 19, 2010

Red Cross Calling!



March is Red Cross Collection Month, I have been collecting for a few years now, just half of my street and back- probably about 20 houses. I don't particularly enjoy it, and end up putting it off to the last possible day. Every year when they ring up I think, I will say "no" this year, but when they ring I say "yes". The package arrives in the mail, and I keep wishing I had said no, but once I finally get around to doing it, and after I have knocked on a door or two, it is never quite as bad as I think it is going to be. Some people aren't home, most people are happy to donate, and no one is rude, so then I think - I better say "yes" next time they call. Also I always think of my mum and remember how involved she has been in Red Cross, so I would feel guilty for saying "no" and after all is is only an hour of my time once a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment