Monday, April 13, 2009

Riding - One of my Passions

I love to go cycling, I love the feeling of being tired at the end of the day from physical exercise, I love it that I don't feel so guilty when I eat chocolate, or cakes or yummy food after riding hard. I love being able to sit down at a cafe with my friends and have a skinny hot chocolate! Autumn is a great time for riding, the weather is great, usually not to windy and today I got to ride. Instead of going out with the usual Monday crowd I went for a ride with Bill and some of his friends. It did mean I had to be up early - up at 6am to leave at 6:30am. We rode out to Lake George and back, stopping at the Italian Bite to refuel. I rode 120km and average 28km per hour which wouldl be my fastest time for this distance. I really felt I had accomplished something and kept up with riders I would not normally ride with- I did get pushed up one hill by Bill and they waited at the top for me on the other steep hill ( but not for too long) but the rest of the time I held my own - so I was pleased. By the time we got home - just before midday Lachlan had only just emerged from bed and Amy had been up for a bit, but enjoys being able to spend time at home without a mum telling her what to do!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I may have seen you on your bike whilst heading to Tuggeranong over the weekend at some point - can't rememebr which day. Wearing a mainly black outfit with a bit of red on it - would that have been you? - there were 2 other riders near you. - Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam

    I didn't realise you could get comments! I have a yellow bike, usually have a greeny yellowy vest on to make myself visible, so not sure if it was me or not!

    ReplyDelete