Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Goodbye to Bill's Blue Hilux

I had driven Bill's Hilux down to Melbourne to bring home some of mum's stuff from her place at Fiddler's Green. Unfortunately the day I left saw me driving through some stormy weather, and just when I was about 10km out of Benalla it was dark, and there was water across the road that I couldn't see, until the car in front of me braked, when I went to brake I was in the water and aqua planned into the car in front of me. Unfortunately no one was hurt, the others were able to drive home but it wasn't the same for the Hilux. Fire, police and a tow truck turned up, they looked after me, and the tow truck driver drove me into town and  helped me find a motel for the night. I settled in, rang Bill with the bad news, lodged the claim with the insurance company. I didn't sleep that night, after phone calls to Bill and the insurance company the next morning, we worked out Bill would hire a Hilux and drive down and pick me up. So I had time to kill in Benalla. 



I enjoyed a wander around Benalla, they had lots of lovely murals on the walls throughout the town. I enjoyed a walk around the lake, had some lunch then had a bit of a snooze. Bill arrived around 7pm in a hire Hilux, we had some dinner and an early night, slept well thank goodness, it had been a bit of a traumatic few days. 











Bill and I drove to Wangaratta the next day, where the Hilux had been towed too and where the assessment would take place. We unloaded the old Hilux into the hire car and made our way back to Canberra. It was good to finally make it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment