Last day in Bendigo for Kerrie and I, Amy and Ada had abandoned us and were heading to Geelong in Ada's car to catch up for lunch with friends in Geelong and then onto Melbourne to catch up with gaming friends there. We first caught up with the girls and a very cosy and small Food and Fibre market at local bowling club, said goodbye to the girls who were heading south and Kerrie and I headed east to Heathcote where we thought we would check out the Pink Cliffs of Heathcote.
The Pink Cliffs were the aftermath of the gold digging in this area. The area was first panned for gold, trees removed, then the soil was eroded away by the water sluicing that was done in the search for gold, leaving behind this landscape.
Kerrie and I
We then went in search of a swing bridge and a walk the other side of Heathcote
I love a good swing bridge!
We headed up the track to the Viewing Rock
Where the view was across Heathcote looking towards Melbourne
We drove home via Harcourt, calling in at the Little Red Apple Store, where we picked up some local produce including Harcourt Apple Cider Vinegar and Pear Cider Vinegar
No comments:
Post a Comment