Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bike Basket




It is a 10 to 15 minute car trip into work depending on the traffic and about 20 minutes by bike. I did try riding to work on my road bike but it was a pain to ride and then change after riding only a short distance. After returning from Europe and seeing all the bike commuters in their work clothes I decided I could do the same. So I purchased a basket for one of my old bikes that I used to ride when I went riding with the kids when they were younger and got the bike serviced and ready to go. So now I can put my lunch in the basket with whatever else I need for work and ride to work dressed in my work clothes, park the bike and go straight into work. I have done this each day I worked this week and felt very pleased with myself!

Bill laughed when he saw my bike with the basket- he said he was not sure if he could tell any of his cycling mates that his wife had a bike with a basket- I just laughed at him! I also told him he was not allowed to take this bike out riding with the dogs, which he has a tendency to do and because he goes off road it wrecks the bikes!

Last Saturday- he had to go into Tuggeranong for an appointment with the optometrist- what did he do- stole my bike with the basket- ran into two people he knew- serves him right!

No comments:

Post a Comment